http://alshaibany.com/?q=good-college-essay-prompts Superstition has in no way faded out. We still practice it, perhaps in lighter ways. I’ll be sharing with you 5 myths and superstitious beliefs on weddings, ones you might have noticed and overlooked.
- Let’s start with the common saying “Something old, something new, borrowed and blue”. Wearing “something old” represents the bride’s past, while “something new” portrays the couple’s happy future. The bride is to get “something borrowed” from someone who is happily married in the hope that, that person’s good fortune rubs off on her. “Something blue” represents loyalty and love.
- The bride will need a waterproof mascara for this one; it’s okay to cry. It is believed that, when a bride cries on her wedding day, she’s crying out all her tears and pain likely to resurface in her marriage. This applies to the groom too, but I suppose they hardly cry. Either ways, it’s still okay to cry.
- The bride’s crown must be off by or before sunset. This is because, some African traditional cultures believe that, the sun pours out its gift of positivity and brightness as it shines its light on her crown, but when it sets and darkness falls, well, that is simple math.
- When it rains on your wedding day, some cultures see it as a symbol of fertility (water is life), and cleansing.
- The couple must not see each other before the wedding, but you probably know that already. This is to prevent them from changing their minds if they develop cold feet.
http://www.osteriaripasso.it/resumes-cover-letters/ resumes cover letters Things have changed today. The modernized traditional African believes that there are logical meanings, thus practicable solutions, to such myths. Some do not believe them at all. Whether you believe them, whether you don’t, you are justified, because at the end of the day, you do believe in something.
http://www.umass.lambdaphiepsilon.com/abstract-research-paper/ LEAVE YOUR COMMENT TO WIN Dissertation Services Uk Outline $200 IN OUR ‘TOP COMMENTERS OF THE MONTH’ GIVEAWAY. FIND OUT MORE HERE