Nigerian record producer Don Jazzy has been on a strict fitness routine to get his body back into shape, according this recent post on his Instagram:
Speaking of fitness, here are a few tips for loosing weight:
- Eat a balanced diet – many will roll their eyes at this one, but if you want to loose weight properly, you need to do it by eating all the food groups (depending on your dietary requirements or needs)
- Set small goals. If you want to go big or go home, you might well just go home. You need to make realistic and achievable set goals for where you want to be in a month’s time, or a year, and make your way from there.
- Set meal plans, and fit your exercise regime into your schedule, some way or another, even if that means doing pull-ups in front of the TV.
- Cut back at the restaurant. You don’t need all those carbs! If you’re having pasta, do you really need bread for starters? Or do you really need that 400 calorie cake for dessert? (The answer is no)
- If you’re full, stop eating. You only need to eat when you need to eat.
- Relieve your unhealthy cravings with healthier alternatives. Nuts, seeds fresh and dried fruits will suffice.
- Try to make leafy salads, fruit salads, smoothies and homemade soup at home. This is not only benefiting your body, but your pocket too.
- Don’t put yourself down. Tell yourself you will achieve your goals; don’t weigh yourself or look in the mirror and judge yourself constantly, keep looking at calories and micro managing everything you eat. Most of the time, people make losing weight harder than it needs to be.
- Try to maintain a good sleeping pattern of 7-9 hours of sleep. More if you can! But wake up early so you’re motivated to do the most that day too.
- Swap your car for a bike ride now and again, or walk instead of taking public transport. Leave a greener footprint!
- Don’t be a slacker! Losing weight doesn’t happen in a day, so you need to keep up with it on a weekly basis until you get where you want to be.
Some fun exercises you can do from Afrifitness
Don’t forget to follow us on: