This morning Yemi Alade took on the role of beauty blogger and gave us her very first Insta Story facial tutorial! Honey, olive oil and oatmeal just happens to be a great face scrub recipe.
This exfoliation combination is as simple as 1,2,3…
- Mix one table spoon of honey, olive oil and oatmeal together in a small bowl.
- Evenly spread this mixture around your face in a circular motion.
- Leave on for 1-3 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
Do jot forget to moisturise!
And let’s not forget the lips! In the age of matte lipstick, keeping your lips exfoliated and moisturised is vital. As the weather gets colder, you need to compensate for the seasonal damage, (chapped lips are just not the one).
- Using a tea spoon this time, mix a combination of honey and sugar together and work onto your lips
- Leave the mixture on your lips for a minute. Avoid licking your lips, we know it tastes good but do you need the extra calories?
- Using a damp cotton pad, blotch the mixture off your lips?
- Then apply some ultra moisturising lip balm!
This is definitely a more economic way to look after your skin! Will you be trying it out Glam Squad? What homemade combinations have you been using?
In other Yemi news, have you heard her remix of Tekno’s Pana yet? We have been playing it on repeat in the office today!
Don’t forget to follow us on:
Feature Image by Emmanuel Oyeleke