One of the best ways to start your day is eating a bowl of oatmeal. Its benefits runs from health to beauty, but we shall be looking at the beauty benefits of oat meal and how to use them:
Oatmeal is a great facial treatment for people who have acne-prone skin. It helps absorb and remove excess oil that causes acne. In addition, it exfoliates dead skin cells and helps maintain the skin’s pH level.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of oatmeal and honey, ½ tablespoon of lemon juice and a few drops of tea tree oil to make a paste.
- Rub this paste gently on the affected areas in a circular motion.
- Wait a few minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Use this face mask once or twice a week
Know one deserves eczema but it happens sometimes, remember when life gives you lemon… Oatmeal’s anti-inflammatory as well as anti-irritating and soothing properties help ease eczema symptoms like inflammation, redness, pain, itching and dry skin.
- Put 1/3 cup of oatmeal in a bowl, pour in ½ cup of hot water and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Apply this mixture on the affected skin and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Use a damp cloth to remove the mask, then wash your skin with warm water.
- Pat dry and apply a good moisturizer.
- Use this remedy a few times a week to notice improvement.
Many of us will have to deal with overly oily hair, but do we have to deal with it forever? No way! Grab oatmeal instead of your regular shampoo. Finely ground oats help soak up oil from your hair, leaving it clean and smelling fresh.
- Grind 1 cup of oatmeal into a fine powder.
- Mix in ½ cup of baking soda.
- Put this mixture in an old talcum powder bottle.
- Sprinkle it into your greasy hair and then brush your hair thoroughly.
- Keep the remaining mixture in an airtight container to use as needed
Don’t forget to follow us on: