We are sure by now, you can tell we LOVE dewy breathable skin looks over matte ones because let’s be honest who doesn’t love a good glow?
More celebrities and influencers are opting for and doing more natural skin-like dewy looks which give a great glow to your face, making the makeup look subtle and give off a very striking natural beauty look. Lately, it feels like people forgot that when we wear makeup, we want the skin to be the focus, for it to look flawless and less caked-up… Please read the word ladies!
Here are some insider tips that will help you master the dewy-skin look for summer 2019. Here we go!
- Mix an illuminator with a really good moisturizer to prep the skin. This creates a hydrated and moisturised base to absorb the makeup products and the premise for beautiful glowing skin. Embryolisse Lait creme moisturizer mixed with the JCat Illuminator is highly recommended.
2. Use a lightweight but full coverage foundation with a flat top buffing brush, to buff in the foundation. You’ll want to also want to use this brush to highlight with a lighter shade in the same foundation line, to create a seamless look. This prevents the cakiness of a concealer. Nars Radiant Longwear Foundation – CVL BEAUTY J1 Foundation Brush.
3. Using a sparse bristled brush, softly buff in the product, contouring the cheekbones upwards to create a lift and definition with a powder that is warm and not ashy. The sun will only compliment warm tones. – Fenty Beauty Powder Mocha Mami – CVL BEAUTY Powder brush
4. Set the entire face with Mac Mineralize Skin Finish and a dense Powder brush. This powder is mineral-based and lightweight, so it only sets the foundation and does not cake up or clog the skin. Use this powder in two shade. – CVL BEAUTY Pro Dense Powder Brush – Mac Mineralise Skin Finish
5. Using a precision blending brush, apply the highlighter above the contour line on the highest point of the cheek and tip of the nose to catch the natural sunlight. Apply this same highlighter to your décolletage for that natural summer glow. – CVL BEAUTY Pro Precision Blending Brush – Fenty Fairy Bomb Shimmer Powder.
6. Brush the brows up using a Clear brow gel and fill in where you are lacking (usually the tail of the brow), using a waterproof smudge-proof brow pencil. Next, conceal the brow bone with the lighter foundation shade used on the face using a thin angled brush. – CVL BEAUTY Pro Angled Brush. – Mac Cosmetics Clear Brow Gel or Tm Essentials clear Brow Wax.
7. Blend out the foundation downwards to create a base, prepping the lid and loosely dust on your overall mineralize skin finish powder shade over the lid. – Don’t forget to set the brow bone. – Eye blending brush – Mac Mineralize skin finish
8. Line the bottom lid with a brown-black waterproof and sweatproof gel liner and throw on some lengthening and volumizing mascara to the top and bottom lashes. – La Girl Glide Gel Eyepencil – Blot Cosmetics Double-sided Mascara.
9. Plump up the lips using a gloss that isn’t sticky or runny. No one wants to walk around with their lips dripping and sticky. – Pat McGrath Labs Lust Lip Gloss – Fenty Gloss Bomb
10. Finish off with a hydrating 24- 48 hour hold finishing spray to set the entire look. – Urban Decay All nighter setting spray.
See more on Valerie Lawson’s Instagram page.
Follow Glam Africa on social media: @GLAMAFRICAMAG