During the weekdays, our hectic schedules usually leaves us little time for things like ‘pedicure’. We usually have to schedule an appointment ahead of time and consciously make effort to keep the appointment. If you’re like me, at the end of stressful weekdays, the last thing i want to do is leave my apartment.
I rather stay indoors, not be stuck in unending traffic and put my feet up. It’s usually at this point, staring at my feet that i realize, ‘i need pedicure’. I still don’t want to leave the house, but my feet still needs work.
If this is you, kick back and relax, am about to share not one but two simple DIY routines for amazing home pedicure.
For the first routine, put together the following list of items -pumice stone, nail brush, file, nail cleaner, cuticle pusher, moisturizing cream, nail cutter, acetone, herbal shampoo, lemon slices, a tub of hot water, marigold flowers, honey and towels.
Step-by-step how-to guide:
1. Clean your nails with acetone. Cut and file them according to your desired length and shape.
2. Massage a little honey on the nails and dip into a tub of hot soapy water to which you have added some fresh lemon slices and marigold petals
3. Once the nails and skins have softened, clean the nails with the help of the brush, and use a pumice stone to dislodge dead skin on the heels. Pat dry and clean the nails with a cleaner and cuticle pusher.
4. Rub the lemon slices on the skin to remove tan and use a towel to pat dry.
5. Mix 2 tsp each of honey and cream and massage well into the skin. Wipe off with hot towels and you are done!
Believe me, this leaves your feet clean and healthy and of course, saves you the stress of going out.
The second DIY routine is a YouTube video by Hawaii Mami
In this YouTube video, she show a simple budget friendly way for a DIY pedicure routine. Enjoy!