Dr Onyinye Azode fondly called Onyii Bekeh is a medical doctor with an affinity for lifestyle and travel.
If there’s anyone we can trust to show us the ropes when it comes to packing in an efficient but super stylish way, it’s Onyii bekeh.
We all know how daunting it is figuring out what to pack for a weekend staycation, vacation or a fun trip with friends.
No one wants to be that awkward friend wearing the wrong shoes or clothes that don’t fit the weather.
Knowing what clothes to pack, shoes, toiletries, practical items requires tips and more so from a pro who travels and slays.
Here are some pro packing tips according Dr Onyii,
- Make a list & have a set itinerary for each day SO you can colour coordinate and plan your outfits for each day
- Minimize the shoes. You are not a centipede. A pair of sneakers, strappy heels & flats are good picks.
- Observe your dual pieces. Some clothings can be worn in different ways; seize the opportunity to be creative.
- I have travel sizes of almost all my favorite skin/beauty products.
- Accessories make or break the lewk. Don’t go full heavy metal. Hats, silk scarfs weigh less but add an extra oomph to your look.
- Always wear multiple layers when traveling; it can be hot or cold where you’re going. You’ve to be prepared for everything.
Not planning or color coordinating your outfits for the number of days you intend to spend on your get away. It can get really confusing
My number one packing mistake would be not packing for the weather. Always (& I cant stress this enough) check the weather to where you’re headed.
Fold, don’t roll. Contrary to popular opinion folds cause more wrinkles and nobody has time to iron everything!
Follow Glam Africa on social media: @GLAMAFRICAMAG