London, UK – April 24, 2017 – For so long, Black people have experienced discrimination because of the colour of their skin and texture of their natural hair. Although, the standard of beauty is becoming diverse, the gap is still wide apart – progress is slow.
Afro-textured hair is still perceived as political – Young people around the world are still being told that natural hair is unacceptable for school, many women still wear a weave or wig to work because natural afro hair is seen as “unprofessional’, andbanning men from wearing their hair in locs is not considered racial discrimination – all recent news.
However, many Black people refuse to conform to mainstream society’s views of what is right. Phrases such as “Black Girl Magic, Black Girls Rock and Black Boy Joy” are used both online and offline to take back ownership and shape the narrative of Black Beauty.
After 4 years of delivering the UK’s leading natural hair event, the team, headed up by Event Director Vinna Best will continue to celebrate and provide the creative platform for the celebration of natural afro hair, empowerment and wellness.
CurlyTreats Festivalwill take place on Saturday 5 August 2017 at the ILEC Conference Centre Earl’s Court, London.
“CurlyTreatsis continually looking for ways to enhance our visitors experience, to provide greater value for those who love to attend Natural Hair Week (now CurlyTreats Festival). CurlyTreats Festival is a fantastic day and was created for our visitors who enjoy natural hair and beauty and look to us for additional benefits such as beauty sessions, product offers, expert recommendations and feedback on your natural hair and wellness journey. This year’s CurlyTreats Festival (Formerly Natural Hair Week) will take place in London only. With the additional naturalwellness branch of our event offers more presentations, workshops, exhibitors and networking opportunities to make feeling great easier.” – Founder and Event Director Vinna Best.
Hashtgag: #CurlyTreats #CurlyTreatsLondon
The official sponsors of CurlyTreats Festival London include Cantu, Mixed Chicks, Creme of Nature, LottaBody, GroHealthy and Softn’ Free.
Attendees and visitors can expect a beautiful fusion of inspiring natural hair and wellness offerings at CurlyTreats Festivalincluding;
- International celebrity MahoganyCurls aka Jessica Lewis
- Fashion Show in celebration of Black Girl Magic
- Featured hair and beauty workshops and interactive discussions
- Empowerment Experience Stage will feature conversations and keynote addresses with influencers such as Lekia Lee – Afrovisibility and Aaron Wallace – Shear and Shine
- VIP Lunch: 3-course lunch with your fave bloggers including MahoganyCurls
- Natural Hair Demos by Cantu Beauty: Where All Coily Curly Textures Matter
- Holistic Hair & Health Workshops by Afrocenchix & Leah Salmon, The Naturally You Coach
- empowHER Lunch & fun activities for girls & parents/carers
- Children’s corner – fun, interactive activities and storytelling
- Afro Men Hub: FREE shape-ups, beard care & skin care advice for men
- Awards for Best UK Social Influencer, Natural Hair & Beauty Brand, Fashion & Style Brand and the legendary natural marketplace where you can network, greet, ask questions and network with exhibitors and makers of some of the world’s most valuable natural hair and beauty items you wouldn’t want to be without.
Let’s not forget the Barbershop, Braid Salon and African face painting.
Don’t forget to follow us on: