Who is Vicky Heldan, you ask?
Victory Ifeoma Njoku is the chief executive at VickyHeldan. She created VickyHeldan out of her love for fashion and everything that beauty, elegance and style. She first dabbled in some modelling where she was introduced to the essence of beauty through clothing which helped her decide to pursue a career in fashion designing. Garnering inspiration from inexplicable sources she has gained a high level of experience which she infuses into her designs.
We at Glam Africa had the pleasure of interviewing her.
What Makes Your Brand Different?
The VickyHeldan brand is considered different because of these reasons:
- We focus on all class of people in society.
- We carry out thorough research on what our client or market needs.
- We go an extra mile to satisfy our clients especially when it has to do with their sense of style.
- Our fabrics and accessories are carefully selected with a keen eye for good tailoring and fitting.
What Do You Think About The Coming Of Age Of African Designs To The World Stage?
African designers all over the world are making remarkable impacts with their designs and so far it has transcended into an epic achievement for the African continent. Basically, African brands are well sort after by people from other continents outside the confines of Africa and this gives an edge in the fashion industry and the world at large.
So Many Fashion Shows In Africa And The Emergence Of Online Retail Stores, How Can African Designers Create A Proper Name And Sell Like Their Counterparts In Other Parts Of The World?
Firstly, as a fashion designer you have to define your style, define you market, carefully create apparels that will suit your market and lastly, create an awareness that will be favourable for the brand.
Where Do You See Your Brand In The Next Five Years?
Our projections for the next five years is to emerge as one of the top fashion brands from the confines of Africa and to be the most sort after brand in departmental stores all over the world.
Who Would You Like To Dress Up, As A Stylist And Designer?
- Genevieve Nnaji ~ Her style is chic
- Rita Dominic ~ Her style is vintage and chic
- Bonang Matheba ~ Her style is chic, haute. More like avant-garde
- Jim Iyke ~ His style is classic and avant-garde
- Jidenna ~ He has an afrocentric and vintage style
- Michelle Obama ~ Her style is effortless and chic
- Beyonce ~ Her style is vintage and chic more like avant-garde
- Eva Longoria ~ Her style is effortless, vintage and chic
- Taraji P. Henson ~ Her style is chic and avant-garde
- Angela Bassett ~ Her style is chic
- Nia Long ~ Her style is chic
- Janelle Monae ~ Her style is vintage and avant-garde
- Tyler Perry ~ His style is classic
What Is Your Favourite Colour?
What Is Your Favourite City?
Heels or Flats?
What Type Of Music Do You Like?
Reggae dancehall, RnB Soul.
Vicky Heldan’s Social Media
Don’t forget to follow us on:
Author: Dadawele Mniki (Online Writer)