Tucked away in the Lang’ata suburb of Nairobi, is a stately and exclusive building. It’s on an estate of 12 acres, followed by an additional 140 acres of forestry. Guests can enjoy green gardens, sunny terraces and delightful courtyards. The sheer elegance of the building is not the most fascinating thing about Giraffe Manor.
Home to a resident herd of Rothschild Giraffe, this hotel provides a unique safari experience. The giraffe’s often come and pop their heads in hope of a treat, both in the morning and evening. It’s a pretty surreal experience and definitely one for the bucket list!
Top 5 Things to Do
- Share Breakfast with a Giraffe
- Take a Guided walk in the Sanctuary or stroll across the lawn to the Afew Giraffe Centre
- Meet, feed and adopt a baby elephant at The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Discover the history of European settlers at the Karen Blixen and Nairobi Museums
- Enjoy Afternoon Tea on the Terrace as the sun sets behind the Ngong Hills.
The hotel provides a full board basis including all meals and most drinks. There’s also complimentary vehicles to chauffeur you about to wildlife hotspots as well as a resident massage therapist! How luxurious!
Best Time to Go
Nairobi is 5889ft above sea level so it is has both a cool night and warm day. There are 2 rainy seasons being March-May and Oct-Dec. The best months to view wildlife are Late June to October.
Giraffe Manor is gorgeous! We’re definitely going to tick it off our bucket list as soon as possible!
Visit their website for more info.
Don’t forget to follow us on:
YouTube: Glam Africa Mag